Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Warrior Mode: Becoming a Wonder Woman! - By Monique R. Anderson, MBA


Enjoy this cancer survival message below from a friend and fighter!
Warrior Mode

Becoming a Wonder Woman!

Monique R. Anderson, M.B.A.

I always saw myself as regular, ordinary person. I was athletic, intelligent and had many talents. I’ve endured some not so great events in my life that most will never but I survived them. The Summer of 2013 started the biggest battle I’ve ever encountered and none of my athletic skills, knowledge or talents could help me.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer. The Big C doesn’t exist in my family at all so I’m the only one that had to go through this journey. Being that I had no one to relate to or to prepare me for what was about to take place, I decided to become the strongest version of myself. I became Wonder Woman!

I shut my mind and heart off to all feeling. I was superhuman with super powers now. Nothing phased me, hurt me, scared me nothing! And cancer was just an inconvenience to me that I tried to get past as fast as I possibly could. The hardest part was supporting myself since so many people chose to abandon and judge me on something I didn’t ask for nor had any control over. To get through I had to be strong, I had to fight, I had to tell myself this was no big deal and pray that God would give me the strength and motivation that I used during my healthy days to get through this. It was the hardest time of my life but like the other hard times, I made it to the end and I’m still a survivor.

I had to become a warrior and fight what wanted to take over and destroy me. The upside is that I view the world differently and there’s nothing I can’t do. I’m only 3 months in remission but no one can tell I was ever sick. I told them that “I’m not trying to look the part.”  Now if there’s ever a situation that seems complicated or changes everything as I know it or tries to prove me weak……… I just go into warrior mode. Cancer sure picked the wrong chick to mess with!

No comments:

Post a Comment