Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Guest Writer: Tolulope Ogunsola on "Exercise-Work Balance"

Below, hopefully you can identify with how to juggle your busy life with exercise. 

With heart, 
Derek

Plan it out ahead of time
I usually try to schedule my workouts ahead of time and treat it as a meeting.  This way I know that I have set time to work out and helps maintain a schedule because I treat it as any other important meeting or appointment.

Mix it up
It is important to switch things around a bit.  Some people get discouraged from maintaining their work out routine because they may get bored and it’s monotonous.  I am a big advocate of trying new workouts; with all the new routines and work outs there is plenty to choose from.  I have tried aerial yoga, PiYo, Orange theory, and countless of other different workouts.

It takes team work to make the dream work
I find that either working out with someone or a group is the best way because it keeps you accountable.  Even if you do certain exercises by yourself there are fun ways to “exercise” with others.  Some friends and I will often do a monthly challenge “together.”  We may not be in the same room but we follow the schedule of these challenges and hold each other responsible for completing them.  It is a good way of encouraging each other.


www.teempt.com          TEEM Performance Training

No comments:

Post a Comment