Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 7, 2016

The New NBA: Kevin Durant Superteam Factor

I made a remark about super teams once here. Today, well, on July 4th, 2016, the super team talk started again.

I was opposed to the Durant decision and even said that the NBA hit a new low for me. However, shortly, and I mean, shortly after I made the remark and made my cookout plate...I changed my answer. The NBA and a Durant-decision does pose a problem for me as a fan of sports. It poses a new challenge: these super team 'let-me-join-forces-with-your-already-proven-all-star-squad' choices should make the NBA better.

Yes, better!

Why? Very briefly: 1) Players are not afraid of super teams. At least, they should not be afraid because they are professionals and can take on anyone. 2) Opposing coaches are not afraid because they, too, are professionals and can coach against anyone or any team. Durant's decision to join the team that his previous team, the Oklahoma City Thunder, almost demolished in the 2016 NBA Playoffs, will make the NBA better because teams will have to play to the new elite potential.

Ask "Popp" (Greg Poppovich of the San Antonio Spurs) if he is afraid. Prepare for his glare at you. 

More audio commentary on the matter here.


Recent public responses after this message was posted:
Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas Mavericks -7/14/2016
Adam Silver, NBA Commissioner - 7/13/2016




With heart,
Derek

Derek Arledge, MS, CSCS, LTP        www.teempt.com        TEEM Performance Training, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment