Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fitness Horticulture: Pregnancy Wars (Part II)

Have you ever seen a pregnant woman?
Have you ever seen a woman give...not appear pregnant...but GIVE birth?

Your thoughts change.
Part I

Those that have seen labor and delivery, and those that labor and deliver are different people and offer different thoughts. First, I am glad to be a male. Second, I am glad to cheer on my beloved female and wife, Chandace. I always had a high respect for pregnant woman, holding a body for weeks upon weeks. My biggest fear was seeing my wife in pain at labor. That thought though. Yes, that though quickly dissipated when I realized that my personal training and coaching experiences had to come into play. With so much support in the room, Chandace needed all of the support during her labor and delivery battle.

Her final gestation warpath (I was just thinking about the 0-3 Redskins in "warpath").

Who is your support in battles? In your wars? Is your body equipped for at least one major mentally and physically exhausting battle?

Pregnancy is both literal and figurative. A female shares both characteristics. A male can only experience the latter. But, whether literally or figuratively, how many repetitions and sets do you put into conquering your pregnancy wars? If you are not literally pregnant, then with what are you pregnant? Is it a battle to train for a race? Is it a battle to decrease high blood pressure or lower cholesterol? Is it a battle to gain better sleep (that is currently mine)?

Purpose and Development,
Derek

Derek Arledge, CSCS         TEEM Performance Training         www.teempt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment