Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 8, 2016

#CC5KFRIDAYS - Run To Improve!

(YouTube candidate)

Crystal City 5K Fridays - Race #1 Persona Results

What Could Be Improved On My Behalf:
1. Knowing when to increase my pace. There were no mile-markers, which tend to help me in races. So, I will have to study the course map better.

2. The last kick was good and full of energy. But, it could begin with a better build up. See #1 above.

3. Change up my training protocol and design. My pace can improve. I basically ran the same pace in a 5-miler from last year in 28 degrees in Cambridge, MA. More energetic starts in training followed by a certain distance will not only improve my aerobic capacity but my anaerobic threshold

4. Which leads me to interval training. That is being included before the next race in two weeks.

5. Cross training will include more bicycling. There are some good training hills around here too.

6. I did not add in enough strength training. After relocating back to the area, I am training on a budget and training without some important access. So, I really have to kick in my expertise in exercise science.

What Went Well:

1. The kick at the end. Man, did that feel good pushing through.

2. The warm-up. Arrived in plenty of time to make sure everything felt good before beginning the race.

3. The energy after splashing myself with water. A little cold liquid on the head sends down that brain signal to the legs to say "keep moving!"

What Seems Difficult:

1. Well, I can a mile in about 6:00 minutes - I do not know my exact time. Why can't I break that 7-minute pace in longer races? #Mindset

With a race #1 time of 23:55 (no chip timing, so I glanced at the clock as I finished), I am aiming for a race #2 time of 22:00. Let's go!!!

With heart,
Derek

Derek Arledge, MS, CSCS, LTP     www.teempt.com       TEEM Performance Training, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment