Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2022

Bowls of Athletic Prowess

 


We're talking the NFL's Pro Bowl.

I used to watch it and care about who won. Looking at the rosters back in the day as a kid and even in college had an awe effect:

"Oh, they're stacked!"

"Oh, that's a good match-up!"

"Looking forward to his play in Hawaii."

Yea, not anymore. I have not watched the Pro Bowl in over a decade or more. Actually, I don't remember the last time I watched it. OK, let's see...the Patriots went 16-0 in 2007-2008...I moved to Massachusetts in 2006...so, yea, I have not watched it since the late Sean Taylor delivered the hit heard around the world.

You remember that hit? Sean Taylor

Boom! 💥 is the last thing I remember about the Pro Bowl...well, besides highlights (I didn't know Jeff Saturday, playing for the NFC, switched sides for one snap to the AFC just to play with Peyton Manning one last play.)

Solution. Easy. Make it a skills competition. The guys don't want to tackle, so let them somehow off their skills. Throw, run, catch, kick (maybe), and blitz in skills. Take it back to Hawaii. People will watch a skills competition even if it occurs before the Super Bowl.

Right?

Derek |@teemptraining |derekteempt@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment