Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2022

Fight, You See for Consistency 💯


Consistency really is the name of the game. You can feel good about where your goals are headed. However, you have to keep at it. 

Even short term goals have enough intensity that they can face a lack of persistent effort in order to achieve consistency.

Here's a short term goal: You will make up your bed every morning for seven days. That goal provides ease if you already do it. However, if you struggle with this good habit, seven days may spill difficulty in your camp.

Here's another short term goal: You will get eights hours of sleep every night for one week. Again...easy if you already do it. More difficult if you struggle to reach five hours a night.


So, what do you do to make the change to achieve goals like the ones aforementioned?...I am going with hope. I'm not here to give you a bulleted, step-by-step process because plenty of these lists thrive - you merely have to Google.

But, hope.

See, if you want to make your bed every day or receive eight hours of sleep every night, you can repeatedly tell yourself, "I hope I______." So, if you fall short, did you hope enough or just talk?

Sometimes, people hear an utterance about hope, and you know what they do? They encourage you to go after the thing for which you hope. 


People like hope.

Even in sadness hope floats, lingers, and waits for an opportunity.

How did we go from talking about consistency to hope? Well, for one, I was sprinting 🏃🏾‍♂️ because one of my 2022 goals is to sprint more. Then, I realized that I have ten more months to sprint as a 2022 goal. I cannot give up now, 48 days into the year. If I gave up even though I have added more sprints to my regimen in these first seven weeks, I would yearn for the same goal in 2023.

Nope. 

So, I hope I stay consistent. While hope continues, the sprint goal I have set will be at the forefront of my mind. 

Keep hoping and do the work, and changes will come. Results will happen.

Derek |@teemptraining |derekteempt@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment