Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Race Diary - Part 1 - Beginnings

#Running #Inspiration #Motivation #CambridgeCityRun #Marathon Sports

It's been one heck of a winter! Everyone has felt the effects across the United States. So, let's get ready for a road race. Below, I am sharing my training protocol for the Cambridge City Run on Sunday, March 29, 2015.
Revere Beach, Revere, MA, March 2015


Sunday, March 8, 2015
I will not have a lot of time to train due to work, family, and other stuff. I have to help out my wife with our very active son as well. So, how about two one-mile sets at a work:rest ratio of 1:1.25?

Felt good. Can't wait to do it again.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Loved the two-set, high-rep short workout I did today! The circulation feels ripe! Some functional exercises of lunges and backward lunges and a lower body to upper body overhead press transition.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015
I am not feeling my workout today. I only want to run a couple of 1-mile sets around six minutes or sub six minutes, but I stop at 0.22 miles. Recharge. Stop at 0.5 miles. Recharge. Then, I decide to put the treadmill on a lower speed. Increasing the speed gradually, I get to one mile. Work time!

There is a lot on my mind right now in terms of moving, full-time work, and fulfilling the challenge of making TEEM Performance Training full-time work. There is more to the story, but my mental-focus state is affected.

With heart,
Derek

Derek Arledge, MS, CSCS         www.teempt.com         TEEM Performance Training

No comments:

Post a Comment