Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 20, 2015

Race Diary - Part 3 - March Is Still Cold

Monday, March 16th, 2015
Ahhh, had time to do just a couple of sets of 25 reps for strength training. After 15 reps, it is common to start thinking, "am I really not done yet with this set?"

Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Phew! Got in a little sock-running for a little over a mile. Sock-running? Yes, sock-running. I ran in my socks because I want to strengthen my feet. I do not recommend it for everyone. But, if you are zany enough to try it, then do it gradually. Your feet sound so quiet on the treadmill without the loud "thump!"

If the snow were all melted, then I would do more sock runs on the track.

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015
Found some times to get in a good 2-mile run on the treadmill. The goal is to get in another 2-mile later tonight...Yup! It did not happen. The goal now is to get in a couple of 2-mile runs in on Thursday.

Thursday, March 19th, 2015
I mapped out a 0.5-mile route to run to miles. We'll see what happens, running back and forth for a few laps. If you do not know your exercise surroundings, then Google Map your neighborhood or workplace area.

One two-mile set down. Ambient temperature = 34 degrees and very windy.
Another two-mile set down. Ambient evening temperature = cold and windy.
Training Time: East Street, Cambridge, MA, March 2015

With heart,
Derek

Derek Arledge, MS, CSCS         www.teempt.com          TEEM Performance Training

No comments:

Post a Comment