Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Florida Lakes: Avoid Gators

๐Ÿ“ท: Sacramento River - not where incident occurred.

So, you heard about the one triathlete who was attacked and bitten by an alligator while training for a triathlon in a Florida lake, right?

Here is the article link: Oh Crap!

Spoiler alert: I am glad he is OK and was able to swim for help. Sir, please be careful. I hope you win your triathlon.

Question alert: Why would anyone train in a Florida lake?

I Get It alert: Tri races are mostly open water. I know; I did an open water ocean one in Cohasset, MA. Very nice.

Back to it: So, Florida is known for its gator population. These mamajamas have roamed golf courses, Disney World, backyards, front yards, and other places. With that information in mind, you do not have to seize or think twice about golf activities, Disney World, or yards.

However...water? Gators love water. As a matter of fact, I bet the gator had more water practice in the past 60 minutes than the triathlete had in seven days. I bet that gator was chilling and said to itself, "Oh, so you're just gonna swim all up in my face like you are Sea World and expect nothing from me, huh?...'Well, King Kong ain't got nothin' on me! Chomp.'"

End gator rant.

Folks, I do not want anyone to injure themselves or get attacked by animals when they swim, run, bike, jump, walk, skip, skate, climb, zip, swing, drive, ride, or fly. THE water...is murky. I say these words with lake experience, and maybe I might swim in a future lake. But, gators in Florida lakes are like birds in the air.

One place that swim training does not need to occur: Florida lakes

"But, I swim in these lakes. Alligators only harm you when they feel threatened."

Stop.

I get the point. I also don't pet bears because I take a docile approach.

You get it?

Much success to you!

Derek | @teemptraining | derekteempt@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment