Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Have You Ever Changed Your Gait?

August 2020

I tend to walk and stand with slight lower back flexion. My dad walks the same way. Genetic? Could be. Behavioral? Yes. 

But, I know I can change my gait pattern. It will take effort, awareness, and consistency.

So, what's the deal? Well, even though I am 6'1", I feel like my gait can lengthen. My lower back has tightness and flexibility - room for improvement. I also think my gait speed can increase with more efficient arm swing, foot placement, and hip extension and flexion. 

Stand clear. This mammal is changing gait.

Now, what? With a slight lean back or extension as I walk, my arms can swing faster through a larger range of motion. With a little reverse posturing techniques such as reverse plank hold variations, bridges with knee drive variations, and other exercises on the short list, the change in gait can be made. Consistency will be key.

That's talking about a change in a nutshell (shortened version for those wondering).

Much success to you | Derek | @teemptraining  | derekteempt@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment