Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Mindset: Nutrition Family

Topic by Camila Buendia 

"When you're out with family, eating right is difficult," says Camila Buendia, 22, of Falls Church, VA.  "You have to really work hard in order to eat the things that you know are good for you when your family may want something else." 

What was your most difficult time eating out in 2021? When we went out for Tex-Mex I could not control myself. Bakeries, oh my gosh, bakeries are just my weakness!

Sound familiar to anyone? Well, you may not fancy to Tex-Mex and bakeries; but you understand the food plight, right? It's like a continuous battle royale of food. Your eyes enlarge. Your stomach licks its chops. Sweat, hidden sweat, drips down your mind as you decide to endulge in a magnificent feast.

Oh, what a feeling. You'll be dancing 💃 on the ceiling!

At the end of every year, the food battle often arises. People make goals for the following year...pick yours:

• I will not eat as many sweets.
• I'm going to try this diet. It worked for my friend/family.
• No more junk food for me.
• I will eat out less.
• Co-workers always bring snacks into the lunch room or kitchenette.
• I am always rushing and make bad choices. Next year will be different.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Check this out...Sometimes you can battle the tough dilemma and make an impact on the life of someone else:

In 2021, how did you help someone else with their nutrition battle? Well, I helped a friend of mine join the gym and set up her gym membership.

Good job, Camila! Non-judgmental. Proactive in a health pursuit. A friend's friend. Notice that she did not mention a food change. Camila helps someone else make a change by adding another asset to her friend's lifestyle.

Forward Motion
You do not have to set unrealistic resolutions for 2022, but you can set a short goal per day. You don't have to struggle alone, but you can grab a friend or family member and work towards 2022 goals. You don't have to go to the gym if you think you will waste money 💵. Take smaller steps away from the gym before dropping the wallet. You don't have to do anything that will make 2022 an inherent nuisance for you from the start. I could be self-talking in some aspects...OK, I am. But, you're receiving a coaching moment now.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks, Camila.

Derek
@teemptraining 
derekteempt@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment