Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2022

Teach One. Teach All. 👩‍🏫

(Original draft started in 2015 or earlier. Updates on 1.10.22)

I really hope that your child(ren)will be better at movement than you are. Why? Because children take in the movement we have learned and get to practice it at a younger age. Plus, learning about movement changes from generation to generation. 

Question....do you think jeans changed because a designer said it was time? I bet our changing bodies had something to do with it, instead.

I often tell people that my kids will be better at certain sports than I was at their age - the access, versatility, and quality of training and playing is better now than ever before, especially with social media, more gyms and training facilities, and knowledge, of course. 

I also tell them that dad will not give in to the competition 😂.  If my children wish to beat me in anfoot race or a skate race, even a potato 🥔 sack race, they will have to work for the win! 

I will not let up - that's a teaching moment and also a training moment for myself.

Parents, I hope you can compete with your children. They will be fine if you win, which serves as one reason for play. Your children will be fine if they know what they need to work 9n in order to beat dad or mom in a friendly competition. 

I think you get it. Show up for yourself and your child(ren), and the good competitive flow will continue.

Go play! 🤽🏾‍♂️🕹

Derek/@teemptraining/derekteempt@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment