Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 2, 2022

This Year: Don't Be Afraid to Act Spontaneously


Go do it. Just do it. Out. Just go. Gone. My time. Our time. Childrens' time. Family time.

What name do you give your spontaneous actions? Oh, I forgot...We out and We outchea ("We out here!") If you're reading all of these 2022 blogs, then you have recognized that they're demanding order...pray, laugh, rest, attack...what about just go over there and do something!

I love spontaneous individuals who care about their spontaneity. They get a lot done. They take their experiences and learning opportunities with as much seriousness as a soldier preparing for war. They do it over and over and over again! If you are struggling to finish or start a project or goal, try tapping into your spontaneous side to get a good result. 

What in the world does that look like?

Yesterday, when I told myself that I wanted to print more in 2022, I went outdoors and sprinted. That's it. Of course, I did my mobility drills indoors; but I was determined to get the sprints accomplished since sprinting is one of my 2022 goals. Hey, I even posted a reel about it on Instagram. Conquering spontaneous acts will lead to a prosperous year. Every month and every week holds a bit of perfection for an act of spontaneity, so try it out...with safety.

But, Derek, I am on a budget!

OK, many of us have a budget. Practice your free spontaneity. With this blog focusing on human performance, take a joy ride, run a football field, hike a trail after work, go to a museum on your lunch break, get away from your phone as it keeps you glued to your seat, walk a boardwalk, walk a skywalk, walk a shoreline, walk a tight rope - slackline, shoot hoops at a playground, workout at a playground when children are not present, build a sand castle, skip rocks, play hopscotch with co-workers or family or with strangers, start a challenge with strangers or neighbors - there are plenty of examples on social media - my favorite one is watching the guys who set up a target or hoop and have passerbys try to hit the target or make the basket.

Spontaneity.

You got this! Be spontaneous and add it to your agenda. Reward yourself and others in 2022!

👀

Derek / @teemptraining / derekteempt@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment