Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Please! Treat Yourself ๐Ÿ’†‍♂️


I used to teach group fitness classes at a trampoline park for about a year. If you have never jumped repeatedly on a trampoline, then you should know the different feeling in your legs ๐Ÿฆตafter a 60-minute jump...is real.  The jumps are fun and can leave you sore in unison that you will return for more.

At the end of each class, I asked my participants, "When was the last time you got a massage?" That question transitioned to, "How many of you have received a massage this year?" For one year, I might have received one - "yes, I got a massage," response.

Ugh.

But, I fall in this category, to a degree.

The last time I received a full body massage?...2019. If not, it was 2018. The last time I used a massage tool - it was a theragun...last week. Foam rollers, baseballs ⚾️,  lacrosse balls, tennis ๐ŸŽพ balls, softballs, golf ⛳ balls, wooden balls, street hockey balls, and field hockey ๐Ÿ‘ balls...they all do the trick. In fact, massage tools have increased so much over the years that having a specific tool does not provide an issue. Nope. How often you massage creates the greater issue.

Frequency is preached. Access is granted. Every month is what I would desire for a full body because I am active. Everyday, using rollers and sport balls, is what I should do. Couple the massage with static stretching to get optimal benefits. With the stress that individuals put on their shoulders, upper back, and neck, massage therapists should be on-call or have a business is office spaces. With the increase in work-from-home, ask yourself, "Do I know an in-home massage therapist?"

Do you?

They are busy...busy, busy, busy...hard to schedule...busy...busy, busy, busy. 

At least, that has been my experience. When I was in Massachusetts, before moving back to my home area in the DC area, I did know a few massage therapists that did in-home work. Talk about a profession in which multiple 15-minute chairs massages can could change your day.

I will say this point: Get a full body massage this year, especially if it is difficult. Always self massage, but if you do not know correct positions to target a muscle group then seek assistance.

Ahhhh! ๐Ÿ’†‍♀️ ๐Ÿ’†‍♂️ ๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿพ‍♂️๐Ÿ’†๐Ÿฟ‍♀️

Derek/@teemptraining/derekteempt@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment