Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 19, 2022

Advertisements: Do They Get You

 

I have to say that this ad, which I saw while pumping gas, does not look good to me. I would not eat anyway because I do not like cheeseburgers. But, if I did eat them, the sandwich does not look like one I would want to eat. 

So, am I pumped for a hot meal?...Nope! Not this one.

Do ads such as this one make you spend more money on food that you probably do not need?

They do a good job of attacking your hunger when you are hungry. The ads have skills, for sure. If this ad pictured any food that I like to eat, whether the food has plenty of nutrition or does not, say, a hamburger sans cheese for the sake of this photo, I may not purchase it.

Why?

Because ads do not particularly bother me. They fall short of their intended inticement lol. I don't know how or when it started, but it happened fast. I can have a high level of hunger, see an ad with the food looking good, and I will not want the food pictured.

Nope.

What is my method?

I ask myself these questions in a split second:

Do I need it?

Do I want it?

Can I wait until I get home?

I can go to the grocery store.

Money, time, and health are saved and cherished. But, that's me; it does not have to represent how you feel about food advertisements.

Yet, they get individuals all of the time.

Are you easily coerced into buying a food off an ad?

Much success to you | Derek | @teemptraining | derekteempt@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment