Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Unprecedented Workout Confidence: World Cup


Since the World Cup is currently being played in Qatar, I need to set a new juggling goal. I was never a good juggler when I played and could juggle about six reps before I lost control.

I know...awful.

But, I have more control now lol.

I do not know my current record, but I will aim for 10 reps.

Large tournaments like the World Cup make me act in this manner. They make me play the sport for the moment even if I played it as a youth. Imitation is a good form of flattery, so imitate the sports you watch no matter your age because a child may be watching you.

The Olympics, the World Cup, the NCAA Basketball Tournament, the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and more influence play. So, adults, please do not ruin the moment for a child or for yourself by not playing. Leave the excuses behind and at least try to play. Or, if you cannot play because of an ailment, then do something to encourage the imitation - set up an imaginary field, stadium, or crowd; create a fun challenge.

Put the confidence in a young student-athlete and yourself when world stage athletics occur. See what he or she can do as an individual without your complete force. Watch your child's or a child begin to like an activity with autonomy. It's fun and rewarding.

As the World Cup continues, parents, play soccer with your kids. Kids, take it upon yourselves to try out some new moves on your own.

Explore.

Engage.

Enthuse.

Much success to you | Derek | @teemptraining | derekteempt@gmail.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment